♦ NNYADP is Farmer-Driven
♦ A Small Grants Program
♦ Funding critical on-farm research
♦ Meeting farmer-identified needs
♦ Capitalizing on opportunities for NNY agriculture
The Northern New York Agricultural Development Program provides practical real-world results & economic viability for farms in Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis and St. Lawrence counties.
NNY Agriculture’s Economic Profile: 4,200-plus farms with a payroll of $52.9 million and nearly $600 million in farm product value: dairy, crops, livestock, local foods/CSAs, maple, fruits, flowers, vegetables, bioenergy crops. . .
NNYADP Funders: Thank You!
New York State Senate with support from New York State Assembly
Additional project funds, expertise, equipment, and other support from::
- Cornell University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Cornell University Agricultural Experiment Station
- New York State Agricultural Experiment Station
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations of Northern New York
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
- regional ag research facilities, e.g. Miner Research Institute
- agribusinesses, businesses
- Northern New York’s farmers.
NNYADP Annual Research Reports: Annual research reports contain all projects by year.
Learn more about NNY agriculture on the NNY Cornell Cooperative Extension associations’ website
Photo credits: top of page: Uihlein Maple Research Forest sugarhouse, Michael Farrell; above: Mike Davis, Willsboro Research Farm