THE LATEST NNYADP NEWS HEADLINES:
. Precision Apple Management Update, 9/2015
. Non-traditional high tunnel crops research
. NNY Food Hub Survey: Preliminary results
. Evaluating Corn Grain/Silage Yield Potential Results 2013-2014
. Small livestock pasturing for worm control research
. NNYADP Publishes 1st-Year Results of Mastitis Study
NNY Agriculture’s Economic Profile: 4,300-plus farms, employee payroll of $67.1 million, more than $752 million in farm product value: dairy, crops, livestock, local foods/CSAs, maple, fruits, flowers, vegetables, bioenergy crops, more than 1.17 million acres in ag production. . . Read more
NNYADP Funders: Thank You!
Funding for the Northern New York Agricultural Development Program is supported by the New York State Senate and is administered through the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets. The NNYADP thanks the New York State Senate and Assembly Agriculture Committee leaders and members, and NNY regional representatives for their support. Additional project funds, expertise, equipment, and other support are provided by:
- Cornell University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Cornell University Agricultural Experiment Station
- New York State Agricultural Experiment Station
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations of Northern New York
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
- regional ag research facilities, e.g. Miner Research Institute
- agribusinesses, businesses
- Northern New York’s farmers.
NNYADP Annual Research Reports: all projects by year.
Learn more about NNY agriculture on the NNY Cornell Cooperative Extension associations’ website
Growers in the high tunnel at the Willsboro Research Farm in NNY; photo: Michael H. Davis